This private Maui wedding venue encompasses all that a destination Maui wedding is all about. This historic private estate located on Maui’s West Coast, located 4 miles south of Lahaina. Olowalu has a lot of ancient history with the Hawaiians.
Olowalu Plantation House five reasons why we love it
Here are the our top reasons why it’s our favorite wedding location:
- It’s a private estate, your wedding day will just be your closest family and friends without other guests like at a resort wedding.
- It rarely rains, I’ve filmed here more than any other Maui wedding venue and in the 15 years I’ve been a wedding videographer here on Maui, I’ve only had about 3 weddings where rain was any kind of issue.
- It’s convenient, the location is close, meaning you can get ready for your wedding day in the house, have the ceremony and reception right on the lawn all right there. This not only makes it easier for your wedding guests but your wedding vendors and of course, the bride and groom.
- It’s beautiful, right on the water with palm trees, green grass and awesome landscapes that make every shot stunning.
And being a Maui wedding videographer, I love to fly my drone and Olowalu is the prefect place for epic drone shots.
In my opinion there’s no better place on Maui to have your sunset wedding photography and wedding videography than on the pier right next to this estate.
- You have personal control over all aspects of your wedding day. Most wedding venues (especially resorts) require their coordinators and vendors but with Olowalu you can pick and choose all the vendors you would like to have at your wedding rather than the limited list of preferred vendors most Maui wedding venues have.
Be sure to book Olowalu Plantation House well in advance for this Maui wedding venue is booked up quite far into the future.
I know you will be thrilled to have your dream Maui wedding day at the beautiful and historic Olowalu Plantation House.
Here are a couple of our favorite wedding films shot at this amazing Maui location.